Vape pens that are inconspicuous, compact, and simple to use are all the rage among marijuana consumers.
These adaptable devices, which were formerly largely used for nicotine vaping, offer a convenient and portable way to consume cannabis flower, distillates, oil, and vapor juice.
Because there is little to no combustion when vaping, it is a healthier alternative to smoking marijuana, which releases carcinogens mostly through combustion.
(It is important to note that different vapors produce different amounts of benzopyrene, the primary carcinogen released when organic materials are burned. The amount released depends on the jacket design and the vaporization process.)
Instead, vape pens use a vape tank or cartridge to turn liquids, concentrates, or flowers into vapor, allowing you more control over the intensity of your dose when you inhale.
If you’re new to vaping, you’ll need some basic advice to get you started. Read our ultimate guide on how to use a vape pen.
What is a Vape Pen?
A vape pen, sometimes called a hash oil pen, is a portable, pen-shaped device that heats cannabis concentrates in a small internal chamber or cartridge to a temperature where the active compounds are converted to vapor without combustion.
Vape pens are smaller than desktop and portable vaporizers and are either rechargeable or disposable.
The interchangeable chambers and atomizers may be added to the rechargeable vape pen, which also features a rechargeable battery.
The single-use disposable vape pen features an internal battery, a cartridge that has already been loaded, and a spiral atomizer. It is designed to be thrown away once the battery dies.
Both refillable and disposable pens come in two main types: push-button and pull-activated. Button vape pens must be turned on using the power button, which also controls the temperature setting.
The simplest to operate, coil-activated vape pens have less control over features like temperature than button-activated vape pens.
How Do Vape Pens Work?
In order to understand how to use a vape pen, it is helpful to know the basics of how a vape pen works.
Both disposable and refillable pens consist of the same basic parts:
1. Mouthpiece: As the name suggests, this is where you inhale the vapor. The mouthpiece connects to the top of the pen above the heating chamber.
2. Heating chamber, cartridge, and atomizer: In this device, concentrates like hemp oil or wax are inserted and heated by a battery-operated element until vapor is produced.
3. Battery: The battery is connected to the cartridge and atomizer and is the longest part of the pen and is the power source for heating the cartridge.
4. Charger: Rechargeable models include a USB charger and a cable to charge the pen battery.
A vape pen works by heating the substance in a chamber or cartridge via a battery-powered coil just below the burning point (356° to 374°F) to activate the vapor form of the cannabis compound. The mouthpiece is used to inhale this vapor.
How To Vape Weed: A Step By Step Guide
Can you vape weed? Yes! Vaping weed is a healthier and more discreet alternative to smoking. Instead of smoke, vaporizers produce virtually odorless vapor without tar and many carcinogens.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use a weed vape pen:
1. Check the battery. Before assembly, make sure the battery is charged on the charging pen.
2. Assemble the pen. Disposable pens are pre-installed and ready to use. If using a rechargeable pen, assemble the correct order pieces including the heating chamber.
You have a choice of using a pre-filled oil cartridge or manually filling the chamber with the concentration of your choosing.
After putting the pen together, give the oil some time to reach the heating coil.
1. Turn on the pen. Disposable pens are usually puff activated, so simply inhale from the mouthpiece and turn on. The vape pen with a button must be turned on by clicking the power button five times and waiting for the indicator light to light up, indicating that the pen is ready.
Inhale through the mouthpiece while holding down the power button.
2. Set the temperature. Many rechargeable pens allow you to adjust the temperature by triple pressing the power button.
3. Turn off the power. When done, press the power button five times to turn off the power to the rechargeable pens. Disposable pens can be simply thrown away when used up.
Vape Pens vs. Dab Pens
Standard vape pens work with cartridges designed for hemp oil or distillate. In contrast, pencil pens – also known as wax pens – are compatible with many forms of drop concentrate, including wax, batter/badder, budder and shatter.
Dab pens generally consist of the same basic parts as vape pens and work in the same way. Nevertheless, the heating chamber can be filled with solid droplets and the design allows for greater air flow and higher temperatures needed to evaporate the droplets (concentrated wax).
Read on to learn more about how to strike with a pen.
How to use a Dab Pen
If you’ve ever used a vape pen, these instructions for using a wax pen or pen will be familiar to you.
1. Check the battery and charge it if necessary. For information on how to charge the dab pen for your specific device, please refer to the user manual.
2. Assemble the pen.Without overloading it, place a small amount of wax with the tool into the heating chamber to avoid blockage or leaks. Provide space for oxygen flow.
3. Fill the coil. Gently press the fire button to start melting the wax.
4. Breathe in. Hold the button down, start with small strokes.
5. Set the temperature. If the chamber is too hot, press the button while inhaling and do not hold it down.
We trust that our explanation of how to use a vape pen has clarified all of your concerns regarding this conveniently small, odorless gadget.